New in our offer - Dinner from 1 June 2022 to 15 September 2022 or upon prior arrangement
Camping & Restaurant
When you cross the Solkan bridge over the Soča river and continue along the winding route towards Goriška Brda, you will first get to know Podsabotin. The first village in this picturesque, magical landscape, surrounded by wine-growing hills and planted with silver olive groves, where authenticity, tradition and good people are still at home.
With us you can
Visit and Experience
Along the main road leading to Hum, stands our camp, surrounded by a lovely olive tree avenue and wrapped in the intoxicating scent of lavender, rosemary, sage and other Mediterranean plants. It is surrounded by meadows, vineyards and the green color of the forests, as it is located at the very foot of the Sabotin hill. Here you will be able to listen to the rustling of trees, and you will be awakened by the loud chirping of birds. From here you will be able to take the opportunity to explore the entire Brda offer and spend your days in a unique environment. However, you can easily opt for a complete break and spend the day by the pool, reading a good book and having a glass of great wine.
The heart of our camp is the central house with a reception, kitchen and restaurant, where we will pamper you with prior notice with delicacies typical of this rich landscape. We will browse the old recipes of our non and use for you homemade quality ingredients from our garden or from the gardens and fields of local growers.
In the morning, you will be awakened by the smell of freshly baked pastries, pancakes and Brda frtals made from seasonal herbs and wild shoots. You will be sweetened with homemade jam and refreshed with homemade juice.
When you come back to the camp tired and full of impressions, we will prepare delicious healthy and nutritious plates by pre-order, as cooked by our nuns: beans, jota, barley and cream soups from seasonal vegetables, polenta, hail and goulash, meat products such as homemade sausages, crodegines and markandelas, and pasta in various ways, gnocchi and štruklji, we could list more. All this accompanied by an intoxicating drop of Brda.
You will surely find your own corner in our camp, where you can spend your vacation in peace and tranquility and enjoy what you like best. As a small camp, we want to offer you warmth and homeliness, but we will work on making you our regular guests and happy to return to our little “land of intoxicating moments”.
For guests who will come to the camp with a motorhome or caravan, there are 12 pitches on two floors. The plots are fully equipped with utilities, have electricity and water connections and a sewer drain. There is also a space for fresh water and gray water. At the reception there are women’s and men’s toilets with showers, sinks for washing dishes and laundry.
There is a cart track near the camp, which takes us through the vineyards to the nearby Pevmica stream. Here you will prepare a relaxing picnic with the murmur of water and an open fire, of course with the possibility that we will prepare a basket with all the goodies.
Since you will be vacationing in one of the most celebrated wine-growing districts, it is of course appropriate for us to take you on a guided tasting of excellent wines to the Valentinčič cellar, which is located just a few meters away from the camp. Uroš and Matjaž will take you through a colorful range of their own wines, which consists of the autochthonous Brda rebula all the way to the usual French varieties. They mostly produce fresh wines of white varieties such as ribula, green sauvignon, pinot gris, chardonnay and malvasia. You will also taste Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, full of flavors of red wines.
Camp Brda is an excellent starting point for visiting many interesting places in Slovenia as well as in neighboring Italy. Let us suggest some places worth visiting:
- Bled and the Soča river valley
- Postojna Cave with Predjama Castle
- Lipica and Škocjan Caves
- Piran and Sečovlje salt pans, Strunjan
- Idrija with mercury mines
- Trieste and Miramar Castle
Simple, Elegant & Comfortable rooms
Goriška brda top place where to relax
These are just a few suggestions, but if you decide to stay in Brda, you will also be able to choose from a wide range of activities:
- You can climb the nearby Sabotin hill and visit the Park of peace and the Museum of the First World War. You will be able to explore the many military tunnels and caverns carved by Italian and Austro-Hungarian soldiers who fought on the Isonzo Front. On the top of the ridge there are also boundary stones, abandoned bunkers and watchtowers that testify to the former border between Italy and the former Yugoslavia. The Peace Park is a comprehensive tourist project. It isn’t only an important recreational and excursion point, but it is also a symbol of uniting and overcoming borders.
- The ossuary in Oslavje (IT) is also an interesting sight, which can be reached on foot or by bicycle. It was built in 1938 on Monte Calvario, above Gorizia, Italy. The fascist authorities built it as a resting place for the remains of soldiers from the First World War, who fell in the area of Tolmin and Gorizia. In the ossuary are buried approx. 20,000 identified and 37,000 unidentified corpses.
- The Idyllic Gothic Church of the Holy Cross, which stands on a hill above the village of Kojsko, is definitely worth a visit. It was built during the Turkish invasions in the 16th century. On the path to the church there are many small chapels of the Way of the Cross, but in the church itself, you can see the largest and only almost completely preserved Gothic wing altar in Slovenia, from 1515. The carvings on the altar represent motifs of Christ’s suffering and crucifixion.
- Do not miss the ascent to the famous view tower, which is located on the hill Mejnik in Gonjače. It is 23m high and has 144 stairs that are definitely worth walking, because in good weather you will have a beautiful view that extends to Goriška Brda, Friuli, Carnic and Julian Alps, Trnovo Forest, Dolomites, Karst, Gulf of Trieste and Vipava Valley . Next to the view tower is also a monument dedicated to the victims of the Second World war on the right bank of the Soča River.
- The path will take you further to the medieval village of Šmartno, one of the most beautiful villages in the center of Goriška Brda. It was built on the remains of a Roman base. The village was first mentioned in 1317, and the wall with towers was built to defend against Turkish invasions in the first half of the 16th century. The settlement functioned as a border fortress until the middle of the 18th century, when the Venetian threat passed. The old medieval houses are clustered around the baroque church of St. Martin, which is the largest parish church in Brda. Between the narrow streets of Šmartno is the Brda House, which is a small museum. It was renovated during the Baroque period, and the furnishings of the house combine elements of folk architecture and the Brda column house. The village also has a gallery for exhibitions and a hall for events. The village of Šmartno has been declared a cultural monument due to its exceptional architectural heritage.
- The center of Brda and at the same time the seat of the municipality is Dobrovo It got its name from the sort of oak tree named dob, which was once the most widespread tree in Brda. Here you will be able to see Dobrovo Castle. Renaissance two-storey mansion from the beginning of the 17th century was built on the site of an older castle. It was started by the princes of Montecuccoli, later continued by the counts of Colloredo and the last owners were the Bagueri. Inside the castle, more precisely on the staircase and in most of the rooms, fragments of frescoes with coats of arms and landscape have been preserved. The castle was finally renovated in 1991. On the first floor is the Knight’s Hall, where many musical and other events take place. Dobrovo Castle also hosts a permanent art collection of prints by the artist Zoran Mušič and part of the collection of Count Baguer, the last owner of the castle. In the castle cellar there is a hunting room, a restaurant and a wine cellar of Brda winemakers. The former park of the castle has been converted into a parking lot.
- The Klet Brda Winery, situated in Dobrovo at the heart of Brda, is the leading producer and exporter of Slovenian bottled wine, renowned for its distinctive style and appreciated by wine lovers in Slovenia and 26 countries around the world. The winery unites 400 families, who have been working together for over fifty years and have turned local wine making into a success story. They produce some of the most renowned wine brands in Slovenia, namely Quercus, Bagueri and Krasno. For visitors they offer self wine-tasting and quided tours of the cellar with tutored tastings of their wines.
- Villa Vipolže, a former hunting mansion of the counts of Gorizia, later owned by various noble families, is certainly wonderful to see. It was converted into a beautiful Renaissance villa by the Venetians in the 17th century, and suffered many damage between the two world wars. In 1915, it was completely renovated with the help of European Union funds and the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Slovenia. Today it’s one of the most beautiful Slovenian centers for cultural, social and business events. In the villa’s lobby there is a museum that shows the story of the mansion. Besides the reception, there is also a shop with Brda products, Gradnik’s room and a café with an outdoor terrace. On the first floor, named Piano Nobile, there are many halls for various activities. The villa is also an excellent wedding location. The ceremony usually begins inside the Venetian rooms or in the park of the villa,then the celebration continues in front of the villa and then ends with an unforgettable celebration in the cellar or on the platform in front of the cellar.
- Krčnik gorge and Kotline pools are a place that no nature lover should miss. Few remain indifferent to such a beautiful work created by nature itself. They are located below the village of Kožbana, where the Kožbanjšček stream carved picturesque pools into limestone. They are about 40 m long and up to 6 m deep and wide. Under the pool there is a beautiful natural bridge Krčnik, which was formed by the stream. There are few such bridges in Slovenia, or they are more rough, as they were mostly formed by weathering of rock, so we can say that Krčnik is one of the most beautiful natural bridges in Slovenia. Together with Kotline pools, which are a popular natural bathing place for the youth of Brda in summer, the Krčnik Gorge is protected as a natural monument.
- Let me also mention Slapnik. This is a beautiful, picturesque and interesting clustered village in the Goriška brda, where no one has lived for more than 35 years. A distinctive rural settlement with a beautiful view of the Brda hills, away from the present, offers many charming motifs to painters and photographers. It used to be the wealthiest village in Brda, as evidenced by the rich buildings with their architectural details, some already turned into ruins overgrown with ivy. After the Second World War, the emigration of inhabitants to larger towns in the Goriška region and to the coast began. The village was just about to undergo renovation, as they intended to film a world-class reality show here, but it all came crashing down on the ownership of the village. A typical and sad Slovenian story.
- We must not forget the many hiking trails in Brda, also called the Cherry Blossom Trails. The beginnings of these trails date back to 2005, when Brda mountaineers first organized such a hike through the Brda hills, which was later named Cherry to Cherry Hike. Because the cherry, in addition to wine, best symbolizes our Brda, such a name is very appropriate. The paths that have been formed are named after the old sorts of this juicy fruit that we can find in Brda. Thus, we have 8 circular footpaths: Čmpevka, Črnica, Drugmbernca, Kozanka, Prvačnca, Bjla cpika, Trcinka, Karnjevka and also Gradnik educational trail. Each trail leads through a unique, colorful and vibrant nature, full of life in all seasons. The trails are perfectly marked, easy passable and 6 to 16 km long. They offer views of the sea, the Alps, Venice and Friuli.
Prices are in € with VAT included.
PRICES PER NIGHT
18,00 € per night for 1 adult with motorhome
16,00 € per night for 1 adult with camping tent
Gratis for children up to 5 years of age
Children from 5 to 12 years of age, a 50% discount
|Tourist Tax||2,50 €||1,25 €|